Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I have a little confession to make!

 So I have the new room. It's all tidy and neat and organised right? WRONG!!! There is a very small space I just can't work out how to arrange. It's the damn notions. Presently, they are thrown (cough-cough) stored in the top drawer of my desk. There are all kinds of crap useful notions in this drawer and it's just not working. Thread, zippers, tape, tools, templates, hexagon papers, pins, spare rotary blades, needles and the list goes on.
Do you have an organised way of storing your bits and bobs? I'd love to hear how you do it - I need help to get this together as it is driving me nuts.

If you want some tips for your own sewing space, Shruti is hosting seven weeks of blog posts about studio spaces. This week's theme is notion organisation - I'm heading over there to get some useful tips!

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I definitely recommend winding embroidery floss on cards and storing in a box meant for cards. It makes using the colors so easy and it's plain pretty too!