Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new room for me!!!

I've been coveting this room for three year. THREE WHOLE YEARS since we moved into our home. And when the lovely Lynette in one of my bees asked what our crafty new year resolution was, I new I had to make it happen. Then, fortuitously, my Mum came to stay for three days and we got to work. My old space has never really worked for me, always messy and disorganised and not quite light enough.

So, here it is - a whole room of my own set up just the way I like it!
The walls a still a little bare which is a fabulous excuse to make mini-quilts - I have a plan which I'll reveal in the next few days...
 One last thing - THANKS MUM :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm entirely jealous. The art on the wall ain't too shabby either! ;-)

That is so awesome for you, Jules!

Copper Patch said...

Looks like the perfect space to create in. Have fun!

Peekaboo Lucy said...

Jules, serious gorgeous but how long will it be that tidy ;0)
I hope you enjoy making wonderful things, making a mess then regrouping and cleaning it all up again ready for the next project.

Jennadesigns said...

Looks absolutely wonderful Jules! My mom is Lynette, actually, and she just spent the last 5 days with me at my house, helping me and motivating me to finally get my studio put together. I'll have to post blog pictures soon. I too have walls to fill with mini quilts, so I didn't go overboard on the wall art. Love your vignettes... they're beautiful! You did a great job. Doesn't it motivate you to make something just wonderful? I'm already trying to figure out my first (small) project.

Kate Ward said...

wow! That looks fabulous. How nice to have your own creative space :)

Ive decided my place is getting to small for my creativity, so Im going to have to move!

We must catch up soon x

Kate Ward said...

wow! That looks fabulous. How nice to have your own creative space :)

Ive decided my place is getting to small for my creativity, so Im going to have to move!

We must catch up soon x